Uber instead of the Deuce.
The Deuce is an affordable way to travel up and down the Strip and downtown. It is $8 a day and $20 for three days. Things can be a little with a little one because 1) You may have to wait ten minutes for a bus, which seems like a short amount of time. However, when it’s 110 degrees with dry heat or its pouring down rain, your little one can get annoyed real fast. 2) The Deuce can get very crowded (standing room only) during certain times of day and that can add to everyone’s aggravation. 3) Too many stops + traffic makes trips extra long. 4) For me, I hated fumbling around for my card.
- I have a promo code for you. To get your 1st ride free (up to $10) use Uber code when signing up: valariet75ue
- There are hundreds of Uber or Lyft drivers everywhere. So you can probably have one in front of your hotel (in the shade) in 2 minutes.
- You’re only in a car with your family
- You can pay extra to have a car with a car seat (I haven’t done this personally)
- No extra stops and the drivers know exactly where to drop you off.
- No fumbling around for a bus pass. You “call” them with your app and they get paid automatically.
- It goes where the Deuce does not. You can venture off the Strip and experience Vegas like the locals.
If your child can fit in a stroller put them in it
If you ever been to Vegas you know casinos appear closer than they are. If you don’t bring a stroller for your child, they’re going to cranky and tired of walking, and you’re going to be tired of carrying them. And did I mention it is hot?
Fun stuff for kids
-Free shows at Circus Circus (Clowns, jugglers, and magicians). They also have arcade games and little rides.
-Outdoor park and splash pad at Las Vegas Town Square (Can get too hot. Be sure to bring water shoes)
-Madame Tussauds Wax Museum $
-The Fountains of Bellagio
-M&M’s World (a huge store devoted to M&M’s)
-Las Vegas Natural History Museum $
-Kid Planet Indoor Playground $
-Kid Club Indoor Playground $
-Tournament of the Kings at the Excalibur $
-Gondola Ride at the Venetian $
-Shark Reef Aquarium of Mandalay Bay $
-Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat
-Adventuredome Theme Park $
– Gardens at the Bellagio
This will be the key to your sanity. If you can make an arrangement with your parents to watch the little ones a couple of nights so that you can have some adult time (casino, clubs, and shows), you will experience a different side of Vegas. There are also babysitting services, but I haven’t tried those. If you ballin’ bring the babysitter from home.
Try to have your little ones in by nightfall.
Things can get a little raunchy on the Strip and downtown at night.
Remember don’t stop on the casino floor with little ones.
It may be tempting to watch someone play quickly, but security doesn’t play that.
Have a tablet handy.
You can buy a great affordable Kindle and download free games to keep the little ones occupied in the airport and hotel room.